Katy is professional drum circle facilitator who leads group drumming experiences for wellness, celebration, spiritual practice and community connection.
- SEPTEMBER 3 – COMMUNITY DRUM CIRCLE at GREENBELT LABOR DAY FESTIVAL, 12pm, Main Stage
- SEPTEMBER 10 – BELE BELE RHYTHM COLLECTIVE PERFORMANCE
- SEPTEMBER 14 – SUMMER DRUM CIRCLES at TAKOMA PARK GAZEBO, 7-9pm
- SEPTEMBER 26 – COMMUNITY DRUM CIRCLE at ASPEN HILL LIBRARY, 6-7pm
- OCTOBER 1 – BALTIMORE RHYTHM FESTIVAL – day long free fest that offers drum classes, performance and drum circles. (Katy will lead a drum circle and perform with Bele Bele Rhythm Collective)
- OCTOBER 2 – COMMUNITY DRUM CIRCLE AT TAKOMA PARK STREET FEST, 10am, Gazebo Stage
- OCTOBER 8 – 100 VISIONARIES TOUR, WDC
- OCTOBER 15 – RACIAL AWARENESS & MINDFULNESS MINI FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS, WDC
- OCTOBER 16 – Birthday party drum circle – private event
Video Clips of Katy Facilitating Drum Circles
Greenbelt Rhythm and Drum Festival, October 2015
Seeing Deeper Drum Circle at the Washington National Cathedral, January 2015
Guided meditaiton at Seeing Deeper Drum Circle at the Washington National Cathedral, January 2015
Facilitated wellness drumming at Yoga Retreat, 2012
Music is a gift. As a drummer, I feel the healing power of music through vibration, rhythm, drumming and community music making. Drumming connects us to our inner rhythms, to each other, and to the wider circle of community. It transforms us through its expression … and celebrates our joy. That, to me, is a healing experience.
Katy Gaughan is a hand percussionist and drum circle facilitator in the Washington, DC area. Wellness Rhythm Circles is her newest offering. She leads the Wednesday Night Drum Jams and the Summer Drum Jams in Takoma Park, and is one a founder and director of the Greenbelt Rhythm and Drum Festival. She also performs with the bands Djesben and the Bele Bele Women’s Collective.
If you are looking for a drum circle for your special event, a prayerful drum workshop, a teambuilding with drums, drumming for your health and wellness retreat, I am happy to be of service. Please contact me and let’s talk!
IN THE NEWS
The Family Drum Circles at Hands on Drums in Dec 2015 was featured in the blog CultureVultureMama.
Katy was profiled in the April 2011 issue of the Takoma Voice. Click here to read it!
Katy was given a wonderful testimonial in the July issue of Greenbelt’s newsletter, July 2010. See it here, page 2, “Drumming Neglected” by Trevor Siegel
Katy wrote about her experience leading a women’s retreat in Ohio that was published in the Shalem News, Fall 2008. To read that article, click here.