Katy is professional drum circle facilitator and is also a founder and director of the Greenbelt Rhythm and Drum Festival. She is a percussionist who performs with Djesben and Bele Bele Rhythm Collective. Katy believes in the positive power of music and brings community together to experience the healing power of the drum.
- MAY 25 – SUMMER DRUM CIRCLES at TAKOMA PARK GAZEBO, 7-9pm
- MAY 21 – FAMILY DRUM CIRCLE at HANDS ON DRUMS, 2-3pm,$10 individual / $20 family
- JUNE 8 – SUMMER DRUM CIRCLES at TAKOMA PARK GAZEBO, 7-9pm
- JUNE 30 – PG COUNTY CAMP SPRING SENIOR CENTER Drum Circle at 4th of July Celebration
- JULY 4 – COMMUNITY DRUM CIRCLE at GREENBELT’S 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS
- JULY 13 – SUMMER DRUM CIRCLES at TAKOMA PARK GAZEBO, 7-9pm
- AUGUST 10 – SUMMER DRUM CIRCLES at TAKOMA PARK GAZEBO, 7-9pm
- AUGUST 19-21 – SOUND & SILENCE RETREAT at Rolling Ridge Retreat, Harper’s Ferry, WV
- SEPTEMBER 14 – SUMMER DRUM CIRCLES at TAKOMA PARK GAZEBO, 7-9pm
Video Clips of Katy Facilitating Drum Circles
Greenbelt Rhythm and Drum Festival, October 2015
Seeing Deeper Drum Circle at the Washington National Cathedral, January 2015
Guided meditaiton at Seeing Deeper Drum Circle at the Washington National Cathedral, January 2015
Facilitated wellness drumming at Yoga Retreat, 2012
Music is a gift. As a drummer, I feel the healing power of music through vibration, rhythm, drumming and community music making. Drumming connects us to our inner rhythms, to each other, and to the wider circle of community. It transforms us through its expression … and celebrates our joy. That, to me, is a healing experience.
Music Heals Us is Katy Gaughan‘s organization that brings the healing and joyous experience of group drumming to music festivals, community events, schools, churches, health and wellness centers, senior citizen facilities, women’s groups, men’s groups, retreats, ritual celebrations.
Katy Gaughan is a hand percussionist and drum circle facilitator in the Washington, DC area. Wellness Rhythm Circles is her newest offering. She leads the Wednesday Night Drum Jams and the Summer Drum Jams in Takoma Park, and is one a founder and director of the Greenbelt Rhythm and Drum Festival. She also performs with the bands Djesben and the Bele Bele Women’s Collective.
To see more pics & video of Katy in action, visit my Photo/Video/Audio Gallery.
If you are looking for a drum circle for your special event, a prayerful drum workshop, a teambuilding with drums, drumming for your health and wellness retreat, I am happy to be of service. Please contact me and let’s talk!
IN THE NEWS
The Family Drum Circles at Hands on Drums in Dec 2015 was featured in the blog CultureVultureMama.
Katy was profiled in the April 2011 issue of the Takoma Voice. Click here to read it!
Katy was given a wonderful testimonial in the July issue of Greenbelt’s newsletter, July 2010. See it here, page 2, “Drumming Neglected” by Trevor Siegel
Katy wrote about her experience leading a women’s retreat in Ohio that was published in the Shalem News, Fall 2008. To read that article, click here.