- FEBRUARY 2 – SEEING DEEPER DRUM CIRCLE at the Washington National Cathedral, 7pm, Free.
- FEBRUARY 13 – FAMILY DRUM CIRCLE at Hands on Drums, 12pm, $5-10 donations.
- MARCH 2 – WEDNESDAY NIGHT DRUM JAMS at The Electric Maid, Takoma DC, 7pm, $5-10 donations
- APRIL 10 – COMMUNITY DRUM CIRCLE at ARTHOP, Takoma Park, MD
- APRIL 29-MAY 1 – RESTORYING THE HEROINE’S RETREAT, Rolling Ridge Study Retreat and Still Point Mountain Retreat, Harper’s Ferry, WV
- MAY 7 – DJESBEN at New Deal Cafe, 8:30pm
- JUNE 11 – SHENANDOAH HERBAL GATHERING, Sacred Roots Herbal Sanctuary, Sherpherdstown, WV
Video Clips of Katy Facilitating Drum Circles
Seeing Deeper Drum Circle at the Washington National Cathedral, January 2015
Guided meditaiton at Seeing Deeper Drum Circle at the Washington National Cathedral, January 2015
Facilitated wellness drumming at Yoga Retreat, 2012
Music is a gift. As a drummer, I feel the healing power of music through vibration, rhythm, drumming and community music making. Drumming connects us to our inner rhythms, to each other, and to the wider circle of community. It transforms us through its expression … and celebrates our joy. That, to me, is a healing experience.
Music Heals Us is Katy Gaughan‘s organization that brings the healing and joyous experience of group drumming to music festivals, community events, schools, churches, health and wellness centers, senior citizen facilities, women’s groups, men’s groups, retreats, ritual celebrations.
Katy Gaughan is a hand percussionist and drum circle facilitator in the Washington, DC area. She leads the Wednesday Night Drum Jams and the Summer Drum Jams in Takoma Park, and is one of the main organizers of the Greenbelt Rhythm and Drum Festival. She also performs with the bands Djesben and the Bele Bele Women’s Collective.
To see more pics & video of Katy in action, visit my Photo/Video/Audio Gallery.
If you are looking for a drum circle for your special event, a prayerful drum workshop, a teambuilding with drums, drumming for your health and wellness retreat, I am happy to be of service. Please contact me and let’s talk!
IN THE NEWS
The Family Drum Circles at Hands on Drums was featured in the blog CultureVultureMama.
Katy was profiled in the April 2011 issue of the Takoma Voice. Click here to read it!
Katy was given a wonderful testimonial in the July issue of Greenbelt’s newsletter, July 2010. See it here, page 2, “Drumming Neglected” by Trevor Siegel
Katy wrote about her experience leading a women’s retreat in Ohio that was published in the Shalem News, Fall 2008. To read that article, click here.