- JANUARY 31 – Institute of Musical Traditions presents DJESBEN & GROOVANANDA. St. Mark Presbyterian Church, Rockville, MD, 7:30pm. $10 adv/ $15 d.o.s.
- FEBRUARY 11 – Wednesday Night Drum Jams monthly drum circle at the Electric Maid, 268 Carroll Ave. Takoma Park, WDC, 7-9:30pm, $7-$10 donation.
- FEBRUARY 14 – DJESBEN at The New Deal Cafe, Greenbelt, MD
- MARCH 7 – DJESBEN at Republic, Takoma Park, MD
- MARCH 11 – Wednesday Night Drum Jams monthly drum circle at the Electric Maid, 268 Carroll Ave. Takoma Park, WDC, 7-9:30pm, $7-$10 donation.
- APRIL 8 – Wednesday Night Drum Jams monthly drum circle at the Electric Maid, 268 Carroll Ave. Takoma Park, WDC, 7-9:30pm, $7-$10 donation.
Music is a gift. As a drummer, I feel the healing power of music through drum circles and performance. Drumming connects us through rhythm … transforms us through music … celebrates our joy. And that, to me, is a healing experience.
Music Heals Us is Katy Gaughan‘s organization that brings the healing experience of group drumming to music festivals, community events, schools, church groups, health and wellness centers, senior citizen facilities, women’s groups, men’s groups, retreats, ritual celebrations.
Katy Gaughan is a hand percussionist and drum circle facilitator in the Washington, DC area. Katy loves bringing community together through music, especially drumming. Katy facilitates drum circles, team building events, drum experiences for retreats, and performs with the bands Djesben and John K. Band.
“4-3-2-1-STOP-2-BACK TO THE GROOVE!”
Katy jumping to a stop at the Green Man Festival’s community drum circle. May 2012.
Pic by Gabriel Jones
Katy facilitates a community drum circle at the Town of Greenbelt’s 4th of July Fireworks Celebration, July 2012. Video by Trevor Siegel.
Katy plays with her band Djesben, at Fantastic Farm, August 2012. This song is “We Stand in Sapphire Silence.” John Kadlecik sits in on violin. Video by Josh Burch.
To see more pics & video of Katy in action, visit my Photo/Video/Audio Gallery.
If you are looking for a drum circle for your special event, a prayerful drum workshop, a teambuilding with drums, drumming for your health and wellness retreat, or musical performance, I am happy to be of service. Please contact me and let’s talk!
IN THE NEWS
Katy was profiled in the April 2011 issue of the Takoma Voice. Click here to read it!
Katy was given a wonderful testimonial in the July issue of Greenbelt’s newsletter, July 2010. See it here, page 2, “Drumming Neglected” by Trevor Siegel
Katy wrote about her experience leading a women’s retreat in Ohio that was published in the Shalem News, Fall 2008. To read that article, click here.