- APRIL 8 – Wednesday Night Drum Jams monthly drum circle at the Electric Maid, 268 Carroll Ave. Takoma Park, WDC, 7-9:30pm, $7-$10 donation.
- APRIL 12 – Drum Workshop with Meeting of the Tribe of the Beltway Shamans, the Electric Maid, 268 Carroll Ave. Takoma Park, WDC , 2-5pm, $5-10 donation
- APRIL 19 – DJESBEN at the O St. Mansion with Anthem String Quartet & Tom Constanten, 2020 O St., WDC, 6pm, $25.00.
- APRIL 26 – Community Drum Circle at Takoma Park’s ArtHop, Takoma Park Gazebo, 11am, Free
- MAY 2 – Bele Bele Rhythm Collective at Berwyn Heights Day, Berwyn Heights, MD, 2pm, Free
- MAY 9 – Community Drum Circle at the Green Man Festival, Roosevelt Center, Greenbelt, MD, 12pm, Free
- MAY 10 – DJESBEN at The New Deal Cafe, Greenbelt, MD, 5pm. Donations.
- MAY 13 – Summer Drum Jams at Takoma Park Gazebo, 7-9pm, donations
- JUNE 5 – DJESBEN at Blossoms Blooming Festival, Diamond Farms, Fairplay, MD, $35 presale
- JUNE 10 – Summer Drum Jams at Takoma Park Gazebo, 7-9pm, donations
- JUNE 8 – Praise Movement & Thanksgiving workshop with Shalem Institute’s Spiritual Guidance Program (private)
- JUNE 13 - Community Drum Circle with Monette Marino, Takoma Park Gazebo as part of the Rhythm Infusion Weekend with Monette Marino
- OCTOBER 10 – GREENBELT RHYTHM & DRUM FESTIVAL, Roosevelt Center, Greenbelt, MD 12-6pm, Free!
Music is a gift. As a drummer, I feel the healing power of music through drum circles and performance. Drumming connects us through rhythm … transforms us through music … celebrates our joy. And that, to me, is a healing experience.
Music Heals Us is Katy Gaughan‘s organization that brings the healing experience of group drumming to music festivals, community events, schools, church groups, health and wellness centers, senior citizen facilities, women’s groups, men’s groups, retreats, ritual celebrations.
Katy Gaughan is a hand percussionist and drum circle facilitator in the Washington, DC area. Katy loves bringing community together through music, especially drumming. Katy facilitates drum circles, team building events, drum experiences for retreats, and performs with the bands Djesben and John K. Band.
“4-3-2-1-STOP-2-BACK TO THE GROOVE!”
Katy jumping to a stop at the Green Man Festival’s community drum circle. May 2012.
Pic by Gabriel Jones
Katy facilitates a community drum circle at the Town of Greenbelt’s 4th of July Fireworks Celebration, July 2012. Video by Trevor Siegel.
Katy plays with her band Djesben, at Fantastic Farm, August 2012. This song is “We Stand in Sapphire Silence.” John Kadlecik sits in on violin. Video by Josh Burch.
To see more pics & video of Katy in action, visit my Photo/Video/Audio Gallery.
If you are looking for a drum circle for your special event, a prayerful drum workshop, a teambuilding with drums, drumming for your health and wellness retreat, or musical performance, I am happy to be of service. Please contact me and let’s talk!
IN THE NEWS
Katy was profiled in the April 2011 issue of the Takoma Voice. Click here to read it!
Katy was given a wonderful testimonial in the July issue of Greenbelt’s newsletter, July 2010. See it here, page 2, “Drumming Neglected” by Trevor Siegel
Katy wrote about her experience leading a women’s retreat in Ohio that was published in the Shalem News, Fall 2008. To read that article, click here.